Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Safety



SCHOOL NEWS
Thank you for everyone who participated in our flower fundraising, we even planted a few in the front of the school!  
Upcoming Events & Reminders

  • October tuition is due October 1
  • Next week’s theme is: Community helpers and there will be a firefighter visiting on Wednesday, September 27th at 10:30 am - Parents are welcome!
This week’s Theme: Safety
Scripture of the week
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.--Psalm 5:11
2-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • I know that God is everyone's protector.
  • I can use different tools for crafts.
  • I can work different puzzles.
  • I can act like police officers and fire fighters.
  • I can see similarities and differences in my friends artwork and mine.
  • I can learn a new safety game.
  • I can participate in class routines and follow directions.
  • I can learn to understand rules and why we have them.

THINGS TO PRACTICE AT HOME:
Ask your child what fire fighters do, what traffic lights are for and what # to call when they or someone is in trouble.
3-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can realize that i need a Savior
  • I can recite the letters in the alphabet
  • I can compare objects by size and shape
  • I can describe and compare basic living needs
  • I can exhibit honesty and cooperation in the classroom
  • I can use props while playing and pretending
  • I can perform fine motor tasks using hand eye coordination
  • I can help and share in a group setting

SNACK REMINDER:
Please remember to send in smaller healthy snacks.
THINGS TO PRACTICE AT HOME:
Please practice finding and highlighting B's

From Devotions for Preschoolers we talked about:
Feeling Tired, Planting Seeds, God’s Masterpiece, Healthy Bodies, Delight in God
4-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can discover ways to be safe in various situations (fire safety, bike safety, car safety, classroom safety, community safety, and road safety).
  • I can recognize my need for a savior.
  • I can recite the full alphabet.
  • I can write the letter Ff and identify its sound.
  • I can describe and compare basic needs of living things.
  • I can sort and graph living and nonliving object pictures.
  • I can define what a flower needs to grow.
  • I can create fire art and family tree art.
  • I can pretend and use my imagination using props in the classroom.
  • I can compare objects by multiple attributes.
  • I can perform fine motor tasks using hand/eye coordination.
  • I can demonstrate respect to others by sharing and cooperating.
  • I can exhibit honesty, responsibility, and problem solving with peers and adults.
  • I can participate in shared writing.

REMEMBER TO:
Please send a family photo to school with your child by Thursday, September 21.
If possible, please label the back with family member's names.
Firefighters to visit on September 27.

THINGS TO PRACTICE AT HOME:
Discuss ways to be safe. Look around the community and identify what is living and nonliving. How do you know? Come up with a list of words that start with the letter Ff.

CHRISTIAN EDUCATION:
We discussed how God is our savior and He forgives us for our sins. Discussion on making right and wrong choices. Instructions on how to pray for forgiveness of sins. Bible stories from the daily bible book.
safety-ABC.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment