Instagram

Instagram

Monday, September 25, 2017

Community Helpers



Upcoming Events & Reminders

  • Fire fighters are visiting on Wednesday, September 27th around 10:30 a.m.
  • September tuition is due October 1
This week’s Theme: Community Helpers
Scripture of the week
The Lord is with me; he is my helper.--Psalm 118:7
2-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I realize the need for God’s love
  • I can pretend to read books
  • I can identify that an object has been added to a group
  • I can name different kinds of weather
  • I can become aware of the community around me
  • I can imitate different community helpers
  • I can climb on a stool to wash my hands
  • I can show care and concern for other children

CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
We read from our Pray and Play Bible and talked about how God is our protector and keeps us safe.

THINGS TO DO AT HOME:
Keep your eyes out for different community helpers

Look for firefighters, police officer, mail carriers, and others! Talk about what they do and how some of them keep us safe.
3-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can believe in the Triune, God-Father, Son and Holy Spirit
  • I can differentiate between text and pictures
  • I can recognize days of the week, dates and months
  • I can differentiate between day and night and different activities
  • I am aware of roles of leaders in their environment
  • I can imitate and pretend to be a person or animal
  • I can demonstrate hand-eye coordination with various tools
  • I can follow simple rules, routines and directions
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
Discussed what a church is, who goes to a church and what the church means to the community

THANKS
Thanks to Nico's parents for the 4's classroom rug and general supplies.

THINGS TO DO AT HOME:
Practice finding C's; Practice “Please and Thank you's.”
Community Helpers.jpg
4-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can differentiate between text and pictures.
  • I can read books about various community helpers using picture clues.
  • I can recognize the days of the week, month, and date.
  • I can describe characteristics and activities of day and night.
  • I can discuss community helpers that work during the day, night, and/or both.
  • I can develop an awareness of roles of leaders in the community.
  • I can imitate and pretend to be many types of community helpers.
  • I can develop spatial awareness doing Nocturnal Animal Yoga.
  • I can demonstrate dexterity and eye-hand coordination using small muscles and a variety of tools.
  • I can identify and form the letter Ee.
  • I can show creativity during community helper art projects.
  • I can match necessary tools to specific professions.
  • I can engineer and construct buildings in small spaces.
  • I can be an active participant in shared writing Pre-K News, class poems, and prayers.
  • I can demonstrate respectful listening skills during the firefighter presentation.

CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
Believe in the Triune God- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

THINGS TO DO AT HOME:
Help is God.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment