Instagram

Instagram

Monday, October 2, 2017

Dinosaurs Week



SCHOOL NEWS
We have a new Director! Her name is Amy Jett. She will begin with us on October 9th.
She is very eager to meet everyone. We will have more details soon.
Upcoming Events & Reminders
  • With the weather starting to cool down, please remember to pack a jacket/sweater so that we can continue to play outside.
  • Police visit on Wednesday, October 4.
  • October 18th Picture Day (Class and Individual photos)
This week’s Theme: Dinosaurs
Scripture of the week
“Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you
   and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength it has in its loins,
   what power in the muscles of its belly!
--Job 40:15-16
2-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can learn how God made all creatures
  • I can learn about the past, present, and future
  • I can compare dinosaurs by texture, color, size, and shape
  • I can learn about dinosaurs
  • I can help clean up and get our table ready for snack
  • I can learn our new dinosaur poem
  • I can dig in the sand dough in the sensory table
  • I can take turns playing with the dinosaurs

CHRISTIAN EDUCATION: Creation

THINGS TO PRACTICE AT HOME: Discuss how God created all creatures, even the dinosaurs!
3-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can recognize the work of the Holy Spirit
  • I can show an interest in a variety of literature
  • I can compare objects by color, size, shape, length and weight
  • I can discuss forces of nature
  • I can describe the stages of life
  • I can follow simple directions and rules
  • I can discuss events that happened in the past, present and future
  • I can describe different surfaces (hard/soft, rough/smooth) by sight and touch
  • I can walk, run, jump, bend, twist and stretch
  • I can be independent

THINGS TO PRACTICE AT HOME:
  • Practice finding D's.  
  • Practice cleaning up/putting away own toys in a timely manner.
4-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can identify and form the letter Hh.
  • I can show an interest in a variety of literature.
  • I can appreciate fiction and nonfiction books about dinosaurs.
  • I can compare, sort, and classify dinosaur figures by size and shape.
  • I can compare objects using attributes of length, weight, and size.
  • I can order 3 objects by size.
  • I can develop vocabulary words to describe dinosaur surfaces and textures.
  • I can learn about earthquakes and volcanoes and how they may have contributed to dinosaur extinction.
  • I can define the word "extinct".
  • I can identify the stages of a dinosaur's life (birth, growth, death).
  • I can express wonder and ask questions about the world.
  • I can differentiate between events of the past, present and future.
  • I can compare animals and events from today and long ago.
  • I can present and talk about my art creation.
  • I can perform locomotor and non-locomotor skills at a basic level.
  • I can improve pencil grip.
  • I can properly express a range of emotions.
  • I can recognize the work of the Holy Spirit in my faith and celebrate God's love.

CLASS NEWS: The Pre-K 4 class is LOVING the new felt board and Time With Jesus manipulatives!

CHRISTIAN EDUCATION: Celebrating God's love by listening to His Word. Recognize the work of the Holy Spirit. Identify the Fruits of the Holy Spirit.

THINGS TO PRACTICE AT HOME:
  • Find things that start with the letter H.
  • Practice writing the letter “h” with proper pencil grip. Check out this website for:
      How to teach your preschooler proper pencil grip
job-40-15-ww-pd-9x.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment