Instagram

Instagram

Monday, October 23, 2017

Pumpkins



SCHOOL NEWS: New director, Amy Jett, has started. Please let her know if you need anything!
Upcoming Events & Reminders

  • NO SCHOOL on Friday, October 27; this is a teacher work day.
  • FALL CELEBRATION: Monday, October 30! Students may wear a costume; please be aware that the costume must not be scary, no extra props (swords, accessories, etc.) and child must be able to use the restroom with costume on. Parents and younger siblings are invited to attend the celebration fun at 11:00am!
This week’s Theme:Pumpkins
small_pumpkin.jpg
Scripture of the week:
“The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.” -Psalm 24:1
2-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • I can learn our new "God Loves Me" song.
  • I can learn our "5 Little Pumpkins" finger play.
  • I can identify basic shapes using our pumpkin matching game.
  • I can use my senses when making our pumpkin moon sand.
  • I can begin to understand simple rules and the purpose they serve.
  • I can use a variety of media to create different arts and crafts.
  • I can use hand-eye coordination and hit small pegs with a hammer into pumpkins.
  • I can follow simple routines each day.

Bible Stories This Week:
We are learning our new "God Loves Me" song taught to us by Pastor Groth.

Things to Practice at Home:
  • If you are carving a pumpkin, discuss all of the senses you use. Ask them what it feels like, what it smells like, etc.

3-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • I can celebrate God's love in listening to his word and practice good stewardship with time, talents and treasures.
  • I can take turns in listening to others, answer questions and communicate ideas
  • I can recognize days of the week, dates and months
  • I can experiment with weights
  • I can identify the four seasons, and decide what is appropriate clothing to wear
  • I can follow rules in the chapel and classroom
  • I can help make decisions in the classroom
  • I can appreciate music
  • I can identify colors, texture by sight and touch
  • I can perform hand eye coordination
  • I can express my feelings, share in a group setting and be independent

Bible Stories This Week:
Pumpkin Prayer

Things to Practice at Home:
  • Visit a pumpkin patch and compare the sizes, shapes, colors, textures, and heaviness of the pumpkins.
4-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can believe that God hears and answers prayers.
  • I can learn "pumpkin prayers".
  • I can investigate, describe, and record my observations of a pumpkin.
  • I can recite "Five Little Pumpkins" with my class.
  • I can perform an action rhyme called "Pumpkin, Pumpkin".
  • I can identify and form the letter Uu.
  • I can match sets to numbers and order numbers 1-10 (+)
  • I can trace/write numbers 1-20.
  • I can create a various pumpkin/jack-o-lantern art.
  • I can listen to and "read" various books about pumpkins.
  • I can discover where and how a pumpkin grows.
  • I can work with my peers to bake and eat pumpkin muffins.
  • I can discuss the nutritional value of pumpkin.

Bible Stories This Week:
Believe that God hears and answers prayers. We will be learning the "Pumpkin Prayer" and learning how "Being a Christian is Like Being a Pumpkin" (copies of both of these prayers/teaching will be sent home with each student).

Things to Practice at Home:

Practice finding objects that start with the letter G in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment