Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Space



Upcoming Events & Reminders
  • Picture day will be held next Wednesday, October 18th. Please remember to send your student in the clothes you want them to wear for their picture. The teachers will not schedule any messy activities.
This week’s Theme: Space
Scripture of the week
The day is yours, and yours also the night;
   you established the sun and moon.--Psalm 74:16
2-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • I can learn that God created the planets and the stars
  • I can learn to look and read books left to right
  • I can count how many planets we have in sequence
  • I can name different object we see in the day and night sky
  • I can learn about different activities we do during the day and night
  • I can learn our new planets song
  • I can use hand-eye coordination to place star stickers on our constellation and night pictures
  • I can participate during calendar time and our daily class routines  

Bible Stories This Week:
God created day and night.

Things to Practice at Home:
  • Help your child learn to sit at the table while eating.
  • Teach them to say “please” and “thank you.
  • Talk about different things we see in the sky during the day and night. What is different?
3-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can believe God created heaven and earth
  • I can observe and gain information
  • I can recognize and describe shapes and spatial relationships
  • I can use senses to explore, observe and gather knowledge of materials and natural phenomena
  • I can discuss identify various natural features
  • I can mix colors to create new colors
  • I can follow simple rules for games and activities
  • I can share and take turns
Things to Practice at Home:
  • Practice finding E's
Color-Wheel-Mix-Colors.jpg
4-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can realize that God created the heavens and earth.
  • I can recognize the letters of the alphabet (upper and lowercase).
  • I can recognize and write my own name.
  • I can recognize that each letter in the alphabet has its own sound.
  • I can observe to gain information and understanding.
  • I can recognize and describe shapes and spatial relationships.
  • I can recognize, duplicate, extend and create AAB patterns.
  • I can experiment with volume of water.
  • I can learn about recycling as a means for caring about God's earth.
  • I can express wonder and ask questions about the world.
  • I can engage in activities that build an understanding of words related to direction, location, and distance.
  • I can sing along to songs and appreciate different types of music.
  • I can name and identify colors.
  • I can use a variety of art materials.
  • I can follow rules for games and activities.
  • I can show an increase in flexibility, strength and hand-eye coordination using small muscles.
  • I can use my dominate hand and proper pencil grip.
  • I can engage in cooperative play by sharing materials, space, conversation, and ideas.
  • I can take turns.

Bible Stories:
God created heaven and earth

Things to Practice at Home:
  • Look for and write the letter Tt.
  • Play "Simon Says" using positional words (over/under, behind/in front of, beside/next to, right/left).
Psalm-74.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment