Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Learning About Insects



This week’s Theme: Insects
Scripture of the week
And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, according to its kind.” And it was so.
-Genesis 1:24
2-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • I can take care of God's world, and all of the creatures on it.
    I can learn our spider song.
    I can see the differences in our bug collection.
    I can explore our sensory table with a variety of tools.
    I can follow simple directions.
    I can compare and contrast my own creations with those of others.
    I can dig in the sensory table to find bugs. I can also pour ingredients for our snack on Friday.
    I can take turns while playing with the toys in our sensory table.

Bible Stories This Week:
We will learn that God created the insects and we need to take care of their homes as well as ours.

Things to Practice at Home:
  • Walk around outside and look for different types of insects living there.

File:Jan van Kessel (I) - A still life study of insects on a sprig ...
3-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • I can care for God's Creation
    I can retell a story
    I can tell what activity comes first and what follows in sequence
    I can count
    I can describe the stages of life
    I can use scientific tools
    I can follow simple directions and rules and understand the need for them and what consequences of not following them
    I can use different tools to make art creations
    I can sing along to familiar songs
    I can perform fine motor tasks using hand eye coordination
    I can engage in cooperative play by sharing space, materials, conversation and ideas

Bible Stories This Week:
Strong and Steady, Over and Over, God's Promise, A Clean Heart and Lots of Prayers

Things to Practice at Home:
4-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:
  • I can pray with my peers and on my own.
    I can understand book conventions while reading books on insects.
    I can ask and answer questions and make comments about printed material.
    I can comment on character and setting and make predictions about what will happen next.
    I can discover that characters in stories are not just people (in this case, insects).
    I can listen to and respond to various reading materials with interest and enjoyment.
    I can draw meaning from pictures, print and text.
    I can count with one-to-one correspondence.
    I can recognize and describe shapes and spatial relationships.
    I can compare objects using the attribute of length.
    I can measure using standard and non-standard units.
    I can collect, describe and record information through a variety of means.
    I can make and verify predictions based on past experiences.
    I can observe and describe insects as they go through life cycles.
    I can share information through dictation and drawings.
    I can take part in classroom discussions and respectfully listen to others.
    I can develop and use vocabulary words when describing insects.
    I can sing new songs and appreciate new music.
    I can use different colors, textures, surfaces and shapes to create form and meaning.
    I can express opinions and preferences about art with simple explanations of why.
    I can perform a variety of large and fine motor skills with control and balance.
    I can identify and use a variety of spatial relationships with objects.
    I can demonstrate and eagerness and curiosity to learn and discuss a range of topics (lives of multiple insects).
    I can make plans and follow through.
    I can respect the rights of myself and others.

Bible Stories This Week:
Praying with peers and on his/her own. We will recite the Lord's Prayer, sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and read the corresponding book, and complete a variety of prayer prompts.

Things to Practice at Home:

No comments:

Post a Comment