Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Learning about Thanksgiving!



Upcoming Events & Reminders
  • Thanksgiving Feast is Friday, November 17 at 11:30. Sign ups are out in the morning by the 2’s room.

  • There is no school next week November 22-24.
This week’s Theme: Thanksgiving
Scripture of the week
“Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever,” -1 Chronicles 16.34
2-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • "I can thank God for my family, friends, and everything I have.
  • I show interest in our songs that we sing.
  • I can pretend to read books from left to right.
  • I can begin to demonstrate one-to-one correspondence using our number puzzle.
  • I can describe physical properties of the items used to our crafts.
  • I can ask simple questions about myself.
  • I can ask simple questions about my family and community.
  • I can use a variety of media for different crafts and projects.
  • I enjoy the art process when making different things in the classroom.
  • I exhibit hand-eye coordination.
  • I can control the small muscles in my hands.
  • I can help my teacher with different things in the classroom like preparing for snack. "

Bible Stories This Week:
  • Discuss how to be thankful for what God has given us.
  • "Jesus Feeds 5000" - talk about how all of those people were thankful.

Things to Practice at Home:
  • Practice saying Please and Thank You.
  • Talk about what you and your family are thankful for.
3-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • "I can recognize my name in print
  • I can tell and re-tell a story
  • I can demonstrate knowledge of the alphabet
  • I can arrange numerals in order
  • I can recognize AB pattern
  • I can share information through drawings
  • I can identify individuals who are important in their lives and their roles
  • I can produce 2 and 3 dimensional art by using different tools
  • I can follow simple rules
  • I can move my body with control and balance
  • I can communicate with peers and adults
  • I can share and take turns"





Bible Stories This Week:
  • "Chapel Time on Monday at 9.30am
  • Devotion Book - A Special Friend, Without Words and Kindness Counts
  • Thanksgiving Prayer"

Things to Practice at Home:
  • Talk about what you and your family are thankful for
4-Year-Old News
This week we are learning the following objectives:

  • "I can give God thanks through prayer.
  • I can identify and form the letter Qq.
  • I can create art using the letter Qq.
  • I can match uppercase and lowercase letters.
  • I can discuss characters and settings and make predictions about stories.
  • I can count with one to one correspondence and form numbers to 10.
  • I can compare objects by size and shape.
  • I can construct a sense of time through participation in daily activities.
  • I can collect, describe, and record information.
  • I can share information through dictation and drawings.
  • I can differentiate between celebrations in the past, present, and future.
  • I can identify people who are important in my life.
  • I can create Thanksgiving art.
  • I can participate in large motor and fine motor activities.
  • I can share with others and respect others."

Bible Stories This Week:
  • Thanking God for all we have and the people in our lives.
  • "A Child's Prayer of Thanks"

Things to Practice at Home:
  • Take some time for each family member to express why he/she is grateful for each other family member.
  • Get grateful! 20 ways to teach kids gratitude, from tots to teens- https://www.today.com/news/get-grateful-20-ways-teach-kids-gratitude-tots-teens-1D80297963
Learning, loving and living as God’s Children
BUILD + BELIEVE + BRAINSTORM
425 Patchen Dr. + Lexington KY 40517  + (859) 268-7787

No comments:

Post a Comment